Hyundai Buys Dog Robot Company Boston Dynamics For $1.1 Billion

Boston Dynamics an engineering and robotic designing firm is understood for designing a dog-like robotic — the Spot. Hyundai has now confirmed that it’s shopping for Boston Dynamics from SoftBank for a whopping $1.1Billion.

Hyundai Buys Dog Robot Company Boston Dynamics For $1.1 Billion

Hyundai shall be buying 80 % of the stakes from SoftBank, which can give the corporate the controlling energy, whereas the remaining 20 % of the stakes shall be with the dad or mum SoftBank.

Hyundai’s Cars Might Get Smart

Hyundai is a automotive designing and manufacturing firm and has its footprints throughout the globe. The firm has confirmed that it’s going to use applied sciences from Boston Dynamics to develop logistics robots, and the corporate even has plans to make humanoid robots within the close to future.

The firm Boston Dynamics has been established by college students, colleges, and alumni of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The firm within the early days made merchandise like MassiveDog with DARPA funding. In the previous couple of years, the model made a robot-dog named Spot, which introduced the model into the limelight.

The robot-dog Spot was made out there to the general public for $74,500 again in June 2020. The firm has bought many Spots and have become worthwhile even within the earlier days of operation.

Why Hyundai Bought Boston Dynamics?

Car corporations, together with Hyundai, are engaged on making automobiles smarter with options like auto-pilot, good driving, and much more. One of the peculiar options of the dog-robot is that it could detect terrines utilizing synthetic intelligence, and Hyundai would possibly incorporate this know-how into the upcoming automobiles.

Boston Dynamics on-the-other-hand can get profit from Hyundai’s large R&D heart to make private robots which are extra inexpensive and feature-rich when in comparison with the Spot — the dog-robot. This new relationship is predicted to assist each manufacturers to make their merchandise higher, which in return will supply extra user-friendly client merchandise.

Leave a Comment